Current:Home > FinanceSurpassing Quant Think Tank Center|Sacha Baron Cohen, Isla Fischer to divorce after 14 years of marriage -Capitatum
Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center|Sacha Baron Cohen, Isla Fischer to divorce after 14 years of marriage
Rekubit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 13:47:25
Sacha Baron Cohen and Surpassing Quant Think Tank CenterIsla Fischer are splitting after 14 years of marriage.
The "Borat" star and Fischer addressed their split on their respective Instagram stories on Friday in a photo of the duo wearing matching tennis outfits.
"After a long tennis match lasting over 20 years, we are finally putting our racquets down," the pair wrote, before addressing their joint divorce filing. "We have always prioritized our privacy, and have been quietly working through this change. We forever share in our devotion and love for our children."
"We sincerely appreciate your respecting our family's wish for privacy," they continued.
The pair met at a party in Australia in 2002 and married in 2010 in Paris. They have three children, two girls and a son, the youngest, born in 2015. The family has maintained their privacy, and their children are rarely seen in public.
Cohen is best known as a comedic actor for the title role in 2006's "Borat" and "Brüno" as well as dramatic star turns in "Hugo," 2012 film adaptation of "Les Misérables," and "The Trial of the Chicago 7." Fischer has appeared in popular movies such as "Confessions of a Shopaholic," "Wedding Crashers" and Baz Luhrmann's "The Great Gatsby."
Sacha Baron Cohen, Isla Fischer split comes amid controversy
The news comes after "Pitch Perfect" star Rebel Wilson, 44, alleged late last month that Cohen, 52, tried to stop the recent release of her memoir, "Rebel Rising," in which she writes about having a negative experience working with him on 2016's "The Brothers Grimsby."
Wilson claims in the book that Cohen asked her to stick her finger up his rear end for the film, which she says was not in the script, and she refused.
In a statement provided to USA TODAY, however, the actress doubled down on her allegations against Cohen and said the video did not tell the entire story.
"It is an (expletive) move to release footage of one part of that disgusting episode while leaving out everything that preceded it including my horrified refusal to stick my finger up SBC's butt," she said. "This could not have possibly been for the film as the director Louis Leterrier was not even present."
Cohen said Wilson's claims were "demonstrably false," according to a person familiar with the situation who was not authorized to speak publicly.
"While we appreciate the importance of speaking out, these demonstrably false claims are directly contradicted by extensive detailed evidence, including contemporaneous documents, film footage, and eyewitness accounts from those present before, during and after the production of The Brothers Grimsby," Cohen's rep said in a statement to USA TODAY.
Contributing: Edward Segarra, Taijuan Moorman, Maria Puente
veryGood! (78)
Related
- Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
- New York Knicks owner James Dolan and Harvey Weinstein accused of sexual assault in new complaint
- New York Knicks owner James Dolan and Harvey Weinstein accused of sexual assault in new complaint
- What is 'budget Ozempic?' Experts warn about TikTok's alarming DIY weight loss 'trick'
- Intel's stock did something it hasn't done since 2022
- What temperatures are too cold for dogs, cats and more animals? Experts explain when to bring them inside
- The 2024 Emmy Awards hit record low viewership. Here's why.
- Barack and Michelle Obama's Love Story Isn't What You Think—It's Even Better
- How to watch the 'Blue Bloods' Season 14 finale: Final episode premiere date, cast
- Pauly Shore transforms into Richard Simmons for short film: Watch
Ranking
- DeepSeek: Did a little known Chinese startup cause a 'Sputnik moment' for AI?
- King Charles III Set to Undergo Treatment for Enlarged Prostate
- King Charles III to undergo hospitalization for enlarged prostate, palace says
- US pledges new sanctions over Houthi attacks will minimize harm to Yemen’s hungry millions
- SFO's new sensory room helps neurodivergent travelers fight flying jitters
- Millions of us eat soy sauce regularly. Is it bad for you?
- Japan Airlines gets first woman president following a fatal plane collision during the holidays
- 5 people killed by tractor trailer after leaving vehicles on snowy Pennsylvania highway
Recommendation
Dick Vitale announces he is cancer free: 'Santa Claus came early'
Court documents underscore Meta’s ‘historical reluctance’ to protect children on Instagram
2.7 million Zimbabweans need food aid as El Nino compounds a drought crisis, UN food program says
New bodycam footage from Ohio police raid shows officers using flash-bang, talking to mother of sick infant
Macy's says employee who allegedly hid $150 million in expenses had no major 'impact'
Top six NBA players who could be on the move by deadline as trade rumors swirl
Retail sales up strongly in December as Americans showed continued willingness to spend
Why Teslas and other electric vehicles have problems in cold weather — and how EV owners can prevent issues